The hydrocarbon log is one of the most important sources of subsurface information. Wildcat Well Logging provides professional and experienced mud loggers, who will accurately and scientifically gather data from the well site and analyze rock cuttings to provide you with comprehensive and accurate information. Our Mud Loggers are focused on logging the well with precision and attention to detail.
Our Mud Loggers monitor and maintain the gas detector on location, ensuring that the gas detector is functioning properly 24 hours a day during drilling. In addition, Wildcat Well Logging has complete support for the logging unit in the field. If there is some critical equipment failure, there is a truck driving to the location with replacement equipment and a competent technician who will get things back online as fast as possible.
- Continuous gas monitoring on mud (oil / water base) or air system.
- Chromatograph analysis of total gas (C1 to iC4 / nC4).
- Lithology identification and complete description, including show characteristics such as visual porosity, stain, fluorescence, and cut.
- Lithology is plotted on log using two columns, interpretive and percentage.
- Connection and Trip Gas labeled, as well as Rig mechanics such as Weight on Bit, RPM, Pump Pressure, and Strokes per Minute. Mud data will be recorded each day at the depth checked by mud engineer.
- New and old bit information, including type, footage, and total hours run.
- Directional survey test data.
- Lag calculation and correction, gas readings and samples lagged to correct depth.
- Penetration rate, plotted in minutes per foot or feet per hour.
- Log of all data listed above sent to client and partners on a daily basis. Detailed log to be plotted on a 5" = 100' scale and strip log to be plotted on a 1" = 100' scale as requested.
- Complete morning reports communicated to the client immediately containing all pertinent well conditions and evaluations of each hydrocarbon show.
- Show analysis reports called to the operator at a time specified by the client.
- Show analysis reports communicated to the client immediately containing all pertinent well conditions and evaluations of each hydrocarbon show.
- Our computer service uses the WellSight software. Data from our equipment is directly downloaded into the log. The daily log and strip log can be emailed directly to the customer and partners.
- Download WellSight’s Free Reader program.
iBall Instruments Bloodhound
The iBall Bloodhound gas detection and logging system is the preferred gas detector for Wildcat Well Logging. We believe the Bloodhound is the most advanced portable mud logging gas detection system available. While we can use any gas detection system, our relationship with iBall Instruments allows us to have access to the best technology in the industry.
- Calibrated by professionals.
- 10,000-hour medical grade brushless pumps
- Immune to water / condensate / contaminates
- 2g/3g/4g cellular connectivity.
- Gas Chromatography C1-nC5
- Triple redundancy of Data
- +/- 2% Detection accuracy at 250 gas units.
- Ability to log in to the equipment remotely.
- iBall Remote Log In
8-Hour 1-Man Service
8-Hour 1-Man Service provides a one-man logging unit that utilizes the same equipment and offers a logging engineer on duty as the hole dictates (an average of eight hours / day), adjusting to customer convenience and drilling operation. Rig crews will furnish samples unless previous arrangements have been made.
Full 1-Man Service
One-Man service provides a logging engineer to live on location while drilling operations proceed. Multiple reports and updates will be sent out during the day as requested. Logger will be available throughout to answer and questions and maintain the gas detection equipment. Rig crews will furnish samples.
Two-man service offers continuous sample and hydrocarbon analysis by two experienced logging engineers. Multiple reports and updates will be sent out during the day and night as requested. A logger will be on duty 24 / 7 to answer any questions and continuously monitor the gas detection equipment. Samples will be collected by the mud logging crew.
Unmanned service provides a fully functional and supported logging unit on your location. This includes gas detector, mud captivator, internet connection, microscope, sample trays, and an air conditioned / heated trailer. If available, we will connect the trailer’s sample sink to water to facilitate washing of samples.
We can collect IsoTube gas samples. The IsoTubes are then mailed to a lab to get a more detailed understanding of the mud gas. These tubes are labeled and signed by the mud logger, which provide a paper trail to ensure nothing gets lost.